Michelle Obama, Laura Bush join together to help raise $128 million for WHO after Trump halts funds

Former first ladies Laura Bush and Michelle Obama filmed a pro-WHO video and appeared in a TV fundraising event that raised $128 million for the World Health Organization.

The WHO fundraiser occurred shortly after President Trump temporarily suspended funding because the inept United Nations branch repeatedly failed to alert the world about the coronavirus.

In a statement, Global Citizen (which organized the WHO fundraiser) said it “raised $127.9 million for the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for WHO and $72.8 million for local and regional responders.”

So basically, the event raised almost twice as much for the World Health Organization than it did for local first responders. In their video, Laura Bush and Michelle Obama cooed:

“Over the years, Laura and I have traveled across this country, and around the world, Mrs. Obama said.

Bush remarked: “We have visited with you at your schools, libraries, diners, places of worship, and even at your kitchen tables.”

Michelle continued: “And we have had the profound privilege of getting to know you and your families. Your hopes, your struggles, and your triumphs.”

Mrs. Bush said despite this “difficult period of physical separation, we’ve never been closer. Not just in our great country, but tonight we stand with the people of the world.”

The fundraising event was broadcast on live TV during prime-time hours on April 18.

It was also live-streamed on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Apple and Amazon Prime Video. Celebrities such as Lady Gaga, Elton John, and the Rolling Stones made appearances during the fundraiser.
Global Citizen said its activities “were strongly supported” by the United Nations Secretary-General, António Guterres.

Let this sink in: Globalists panhandled unemployed Americans for money to support the WHO at a time when small businesses (which comprise 99% of all businesses in the United States) are going bankrupt due to shutdowns.

Did Michelle Obama and Laura Bush raise any money for the tens of millions of unemployed Americans?

The WHO is a branch of the United Nations that’s responsible for “international public health.” As usual, the United States is the single largest contributor to the WHO’s budget. In 2017, the U.S. contributed $500 million to WHO.

Despite this, the WHO (and its parent, the United Nations) continues to bite the hand that feeds it by ignoring America’s pleas for transparency and honesty so it can protect its citizens.

Tedros Adhanom, an Ethiopian, is the first WHO director-general who is not a physician. He was elected to his job after China backed him in the May 2017 election.

Democrat Speaker Nancy Pelosi is sheltering in place at her California mansion, stuffing her face with expensive ice cream while Democrats block funding for small businesses and Americans remain under lockdown.

Last week, former U.N. ambassador Nikki Haley said the World Health Organization should be investigated for pushing Chinese communist propaganda that the coronavirus could not be transmitted through human-to-human contact.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!